ORDIANANCE OF THE CITY OF LANCASTER
ORDIANANCE NUMBER 20-11
WHERE AS, the city of Lancaster and the City Council is charged with protecting and promoting public safety of its citizens; and ,
WHERE AS, it becomes necessary to review and update; and,
WHERE AS, it is the intent that the following will supersede any fireworks ordinances previously enacted by the City of Lancaster; and,
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED BY THE CITY OF LANCASTER FIREWORKS CODE IS ADOPTED AS FOLLOWS:
(a) As used in KRS 227.700 fireworks means any composition or device for the purpose of producing a visible or an audible effect by combustion, deflagration, or detonation, and which meets the definition of "consumer fireworks". These fireworks are also labeled "Display Fireworks".
No person, firm, co-partnership or corporation shall offer for sale, expose for sale, sell at retail, keep with intent to sell, possess, use, or explode, any display fireworks, except as follows:
1. The chief of the fire department or other authorized city official may grant permits for supervised public displays of fireworks by the city , fair associations, amusement parks, and other organizations or groups of individuals.
2. Every display must be handled by a competent display operator to be approved by the public official by whom the permit is granted.
3. No person or business shall give, offer for sale, or sell any consumer fireworks listed to any person under 18 nyears of age.
4. No person under 18 years of age may be employed by a fireworks manufacturing facility unless supervised by a parent or guardian.
5. "Consumer Fireworks" shall not be fired, exploded, or used, in the city limits, except as follows:
6. "Consumer Fireworks" may be used, fired, or exploded on July 3 and July 4 of each year between the hours of 12:00 noon and 12:00 midnight, and 12:00 noon on New Year's Eve and 12:00 midnight on New Year's Day.
7. The sale of any fireworks within the city limits must comply with all state statutes and regulations and specifically KRS chapter 227.